About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog which I hope to develop with some interesting material on ultra running both on the trails and road including reports on races and interesting training runs, views on kit and equipment as well as anything else I find of interest. I love running for adventure, opportunity and well being. Enjoy!

Saturday 2 February 2013

Te Araroa - articles and coverage - UPDATED 14/02/13


Pre Expedition

Ian Corless


The Independent newspaper


Grough


The Telegraph newspaper - The Adventure Interview

Competitor online

Run 247

Run 247

'Advendure' - Greece



Mid Expedition


The North Face Journal - photos, video, blog, infographic

North Island video dispatch 


Epic Adventurer

Wilderness magazine, NZ

Marathon Talk - podcast interview


Trail Runner Magazine


Ian Corless/ Talk Ultra


Run 247

Outside online



Post Expedition

iRunFar's detailed expedition round-up


Ian Corless / Talk Ultra interview


Ian Corless expedition round-up 


Run 247

Mud, Sweat & Tears

Wilderness magazine, NZ

Trail Runner magazine, US

Te Araroa - official website, NZ

Outdoors Magic

Go Trail

Planet Fear

Independent newspaper

The North Face website - expedition photo collection by Damiano Levati


Peignee Verticale, France

U-Trail, France

Telegraph newspaper

Tim Taylor - NZ Kayaker - our Cook Strait Guide - Tim's write up

'Advendure' - Greece


8 comments:

Unknown said...

And in French ! ;)
http://www.peignee-verticale.com/2013/02/jez-bragg-te-araroa-expedition.html

Congrats man, what an impressive achievement, you've got here. Simply stunning !

Unknown said...

Hello from Greece! Well done Jez, you lived a great adventure and inspired us! Congratulations! Both these articles are in Greek:

Pre-expedition: http://www.advendure.com/index.php/apostoles/vouna/item/1094-o-jez-bragg-sto-te-araroa-tis-neas-zilandias#.URnitfIxx8E

Post-expedition: http://www.advendure.com/index.php/diafora/photo-of-the-day/photo-of-the-day/o-jez-bragg-te-araroa-1-53

Jez Bragg said...

Hi Takis
I've added those links - many thanks for highlighting to me.
Best
Jez.

Unknown said...

Dear Mr Bragg,
My name is Stephen Browitt and my colleague is Jim Coupland. We are both cardiac physiologists working at the Leeds General Infirmary (LGI), Leeds, West Yorkshire. In June of this year we are going to undertake a charity fund raising event in aid of two charities at the LGI; Take Heart (which helps ardiac patients at the LGI) and the Save our Surgery Fund (which supports childrens cardiac surgery at the LGI). The event will consist of travelling the entire 128 mile length of the Leeds-Liverpool canal, 3 times, in 7 days as follows:
Cycle Liverpool - Leeds, 1 day
Canoe Leeds - Liverpool, 3 days
Run Liverpool - Leeds, 3 days.

I am writing to ask if you would consider supporting us in this endeavour by providing your meal plans (if you can still get hold of them!) and/or what your daily rations where whilst running? In return for your generosity we will give you a massive thanks on our blog (theeventlgi.wordpress.com).

Many thanks for taking the time to read this and I look forward to your reply.

Kind regards,

Stephen and Jim

Simon Lock said...

Hi Jez,

I'm a journalist at Future Publishing and I was hoping you might be available for interview in the next month or so. I'm working on a one-off bookazine called Get Into Running and we're looking for an adventurous, inspirational runner to talk to.

Drop me an email and we hopefully we can talk further.

All the best

Simon Lock
simon.lock@futurenet.com

sewa mobil said...

Very nice, thanks for sharing.

micke_ch said...

Hi Jez!
I have read all your blogs from your run through New Zealand. I am planning to do the same but only the South Island.
I have a couple of question that I really want answers for.
If it is OK please drop me a email at: micke@startblock.se

Best Regards
/Micke Christenson

Anonymous said...

I know where I'm going and I know the truth, and I don't have to be what you want me to be. I'm free to be what I want.Thankyou i really love it, softtonice | canon support | drivers and software